In-House Label Printing for Contract Packaging
When it comes to the North American contract packaging industry, why are companies like yours increasingly investing in in-house label-printing solutions?
Contract packagers report lead times for their labels are 7-10 days, longer if their label vendors are running a new design. If a label vendor only has conventional printing presses on their production floor, lead times can take even longer and minimum job sizes are usually around 1,000- 2,000 linear feet. However, most contract packagers have run sizes much smaller than that. If a label vendor has digital production presses on their production floor, you’re going to pay an ultra-premium for those labels. With multiple SKU’s, small runs and the need for break-out color - you need a better solution
The SwiftColor SCL-4000D desktop digital label printer is designed to print high-fidelity custom labels whether you need 1,000 labels, 100 labels or just one label.
The Solution: SwiftColor SCL-4000D
Our digital printers offer a print-on-demand solution for all your customer’s products.
- Strong ink densities for solids - colors that truly pop!
- Durable labels - can handle ice baths, water and won’t smudge or scuff
- Never wait on another label delivery again
- Handles small widths and lengths better than any unit on the market
- Easy-to-install and simple to maintain
- Eliminates inventoried labels becoming obsolete if a design or FDA regulation changes
- If you’re introducing a new variety of food, chemicals, nutraceuticals or beverages - or if your customer wants to try out the look of a new label design, print and apply new labels the same day
- You’ll really like your lower price-per-label costs